In this article I’m going to talk about Windows Phone App Studio and how we can build windows phone applications using it.
- What is Windows Phone App studio ?
It’s a web-based development environment that’s “designed to help anyone quickly bring an idea to life by applying text, web content, imagery, and design concepts to any one of a rich set of customization templates.
2. Sign in using your Microsoft Account !
- How to create Application ?
You can create :
1. Empty Application
2. App from a template
- Examples of App Studio Templates
We are going to build Windows Phone application ; that Allow the user to get the latest Sport News from BBC Channel Website.
- First Step : Create Empty Application
Enter App Information:
Click NEXT !
- Second Step : Configure App Setting
- Add New Section
Section is a group of pages . Your application can have up to 6 sections.
1. Add Section Name
2. Type of the data source ( Collection, RSS, YouTube , .. Etc. )
3. Data source Name
* In Our Application ; The Section Name is: Latest News , Type of the data source is RSS , and the data source name is BBC News.
- Edit Data Source :
In our Application we are going to enter the link of the RSS for BBC Website which is : http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml
- Edit Section Page :
We are going to choose the layout of the page ; and control how the data will appear .
- Third Step : Configure App Style
1. Choose Style (Accent , Background, foreground and App bar brush)
- Flip Template : The Flip Tile template flips from front to back , offering application additional data.
- Iconic Template : Display a small image in the center of the tile , and incorporate data if needed .
- Cycle Template : The Tile cycles through up to nine images.
3. Choose your Splash and Lock Screen Background
- Final Step : Generate Your App
Congratulations! Your App is ready !